SNAP Foal IgG Test
Test and treat foals in a single visit
SNAP Foal IgG test gives fast, accurate results in just minutes—enabling you to detect low levels of IgG and begin life-saving treatment immediately.
Quick and Accurate Detection of Neonate IgG Levels is Critical.
- Low levels of IgG can lead to bacterial infections, arthritis, pneumonia and enteritis.
- Up to 25% of foals may have low levels of IgG.1
- Foals have only 24 hours after birth to absorb immunoglobulins from the colostrum.
- Delayed test results necessitate costly intravenous delivery of immunoglobulins.
- If left untreated, defenseless foals may die.
The Convenience of SNAP Foal IgG Test
- Foal-side testing
- Effective with serum or whole blood
- Zero lab work
- Single patient visit
- Test Results in under 10 minutes
- Accurate, easy-to-interpret results
- Treatment can begin immediately
Results in less than 10 minutes
Dilute sample. Mix thoroughly and dispose of first 5–10 drops from the bottle.
Apply one drop of sample over sample spot.
Pour conjugate into opening.
Snap down activator until it is flush with the base.
Wait seven minutes.
≤ 400 mg/dL IgG: color intensity of sample spot is lighter than the 400 mg/dL calibrator spot.
400–800 mg/dl IgG: color intensity of sample spot is darker than the 400 mg/dL calibrator spot but lighter than the 800 mg/dL calibrator spot.
≥ 800 mg/dL IgG: color intensity of sample spot is darker than the 800 mg/dL spot.
Order online via IDEXX Online Ordering.
1. "Failure of Passive Transfer," by Edward L. Squires, Ph.D. The Horse, December 1997, p. 62.
2007 IDEXX Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a subsidiary of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. SNAP is a trademark or a registered trademark of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
SNAP Foal IgG is available only through veterinarians. Always keep tests refrigerated.