Your clients are looking for answers
Sick cats can be a tough call
Add the NEW SNAP fPL (feline pancreas-specific lipase) Test to the diagnostic work up of an off colour cat to determine if pancreatitis is likely.
Feline pancreatitis is more common than you think.
In fact, 39%1 of all standalone Spec fPL tests sent to IDEXX Laboratories were consistent with pancreatitis (>5.4 ug/L).
Introducing SNAP fPL, the only pet-side test to measure feline pancreas-specific lipase.
- Amylase and lipase are not helpful in diagnosing pancreatitis in cats2. fPL technology is the most accurate test available (79% sensitivity and 80% specificity).3
- Obtain a result in 10 minutes, enabling timely communication with a concerned pet owner and move ahead with appropriate diagnostics and treatment.
CATS and pancreatitis
DOGS and pancreatitis
SNAP tests use ELISA Technology, proven to be superior for diagnostic sensitivity and specificity.
Call your authorised IDEXX distributor or Customer Support today to place your SNAP fPL Test order.
1300 44 33 99 (AUS)
0800 838 522 (NZ)
- Data on file at IDEXX Laboratories, Sydney, Australia.
- Parent C, Washabau RJ, Williams DA, et al. Serum trypsin-like immunoreactivity, amylase and lipase in the diagnosis of feline acute pancreatitis [ACVIM Abstract 57]. J Vet Intern Med. 1995;9(3):194.
- Forman MA, Shiroma JT, Armstrong PJ, Simpson KW, Robertson JE, Buch J. Evaluation of feline pancreas-specific lipase (Spec fPL) for the diagnosis of feline pancreatitis [ACVIM Abstract 165]. J Vet Intern Med. 2009;23:733–734.