Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer
Revolutionary speed, throughput and flexibility put results in your hands more quickly so you can manage more cases simply and efficiently.
- Get your patients' results sooner with the ability to run multiple samples simultaneously.
- Run the tests you need with complete testing flexibility—7 preloaded CLIPs and 27 different tests.
- Move on to other tasks quickly with less technician hands-on time—just "load and go."
The Catalyst Dx analyzer connects to the IDEXX VetLab Station Laboratory Information Management System to provide:
- All your diagnostic information in one comprehensive patient report
- Access to IDEXX SmartService™ Solutions: remote troubleshooting for your IDEXX VetLab® analyzers that saves time and helps keep your laboratory running smoothly
Choose the best profile for each patient
IDEXX individual chemistries combine to give you the exact information you need for each patient. View our recommended equine chemistry panels.
|Suggested Equine Panels||ALB||ALKP||AST||BUN||Ca2+||CHOL||CK||CREA||GGT||GLU||LOH||Mg2+||NH3||PHOS||TBIL||TP||TRIG||GLOB||Number of Chemistries|
|IDEXX Equine Health Profile||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||13|
|Comprehensive General Health Panel||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||18|
|Geriatric Equine Presurgical||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||10|
|Equine Muscle Panel||•||•||•||•||•||5|
|Performance Horse Panel||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||10|
Faster results with less hands-on time
Run blood work in less time than it takes to prepare a sample for an outside laboratory.
Save time with the automation of repetitive tasks
- Load-and-go with convenient test CLIPs
- Single slide flexibility
- Onboard whole blood separation
- Automated sample pipetting
- Automated dilutions for easier UPC runs
- Automatically generated results saved to the patient’s electronic medical record
Offer patients and clients real-time answers at the point of care
- Run multiple samples simultaneously
- Add electrolytes to any panel with the Lyte 4 CLIP
- Run a Chem 22 (a Chem 17 CLIP with a Lyte 4 CLIP) in just 8 minutes
- Get preanesthetic panel results on 14 patients in an hour
- Run up to 25 tests on a single sample
- In seconds transfer blood from syringe to lithium heparin whole blood separator to analyzer
Proven and Trusted Dry-Slide Technology
Nearly 75% of blood samples in veterinary medicine can be affected by interfering substances. Dry-slide technology uses layers and washes to remove impurities for the most reliable results.
Dry-slide technology ensures that even compromised samples produce accurate results
IDEXX Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer Specifications
|Dimensions and Weight||Width: 14 inches (35.56 cm)
Depth: 16.25 inches (41.28 cm)
Height: 17.25 inches (43.82 cm)
Weight: approximately 50 pounds (22 kg)
|Power Supply||Input: 100–240 V AC, 50–60 Hz, 3.5 Amps
Power Supply Protection: IPXO)
|Input/Output Connections||There are four Input/Output connections for the Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer. Three are on the rear of the instrument (power connection, Ethernet port for connection to IDEXX VetLab Station, and a USB port) and one is accessible when the waste drawer is removed (USB port).|
|Relative Humidity||Operating: 15%–75%
IDEXX Catalyst Dx Chemistry Analyzer Tests
Increased menu and complete flexibility
With the Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer, you can:
- Use single slides
- Create customized panels
- Use convenient preloaded CLIPs for economical, comprehensive testing.
- Transfer blood from syringe to analyzer using lithium heparin whole blood separator.
7 preloaded CLIPs and UPC ratio
Just open the foil pouch and slide the preloaded CLIP into the holder. When you remove the CLIP, your slides automatically load into the analyzer.
Chem 15 CLIP
Ideal comprehensive panel for feline testing (wellness, sick, emergency); also use this panel for adult and geriatric feline preanesthetic screening.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CHOL, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, PHOS, TBIL, TP
Chem 10 CLIP
Screen your patients for safer anesthesia.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, BUN, BUN/CREA, CREA, GLOB, GLU, TP
Equine 15 CLIP
Comprehensive equine testing.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, AST, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CK, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, LDH, TBIL, TP
Urine P:C Ratio
Detects and quantifies proteinuria; diagnose early renal disease in just one run.
UCRE, UPRO, UPC
Chem 17 CLIP
Ideal comprehensive panel for canine testing (wellness, sick, emergency); also use this panel for adult and geriatric canine preanesthetic screening.
ALB, ALB/GLOB, ALKP, ALT, AMYL, BUN, BUN/CREA, Ca, CHOL, CREA, GGT, GLOB, GLU, LIPA, PHOS, TBIL, TP
Lyte 4 CLIP
Add electrolytes to any panel.
Cl, K, Na, Na/K
NSAID 6 CLIP
Establish baseline and monitor NSAID therapy.
ALKP, ALT, AST, BUN, BUN/CREA, CREA
A simple, convenient way to verify the accuracy of test results following the analyzer's monthly cleaning.
ALB, ALKP, ALT, Ca, GLU, NH3
29 different tests
Easily do rechecks, monitor patients and create custom panels with single slides.
ALB, ALKP, ALT, AMYL, AST, BUN, Ca, CHOL, CK, Cl, CREA, FRU,GGT, GLU, K, LAC, LDH, LIPA, Mg, Na, NH3, PHOS, TBIL, TP, TRIG, UCRE, UPRO, URIC
ALB/GLOB, BUN/CREA, GLOB, Na/K, Osmolality, UPC
How To / Resources
Three simple steps for fast, efficient performance
The Catalyst Dx analyzer is designed to simplify your work flow with unmatched speed, ease of use, flexibility and throughput:
- In seconds transfer blood from syringe to green-cap lithium heparin whole blood separator to analyzer.
- Run whole blood, plasma, serum or urine—whatever best suits your needs!
- Run a UPC ratio, with the ease of automated dilutions, on all senior pets or those you suspect of renal disease to improve the prognosis via early-stage detection.
- Run multiple patient samples at the same time using any of the 7 preloaded test CLIPs, including electrolytes, or customize your diagnostics with 27 different tests.
To learn more about using the Catalyst Dx analyzer, take this convenient online course
Lithium Heparin Whole Blood Separator Questions and Answers
Heparin-treated samples can be used in the lithium heparin whole blood separator except when running feline AST, LDH or CK. Double dosing may elevate the results for these assays in feline samples.
The lithium heparin whole blood separator provides the benefit of plasma, which can be recovered after its use in the Catalyst Dx® Chemistry Analyzer and used for your additional testing needs.
If more blood is left in the patient syringe after dispensing the required volume of 0.6–0.8 cc into the separator, the remaining sample can be dispensed into any sample tube as long as the required fill volume is adequate.
Yes! We encourage the use of recovered plasma from the lithium heparin whole blood separator for other tests, such as the SNAP® T4 Test and SNAP® Total T4 Test (available in early 2011).
Lithium heparin whole blood separators should be stored at room temperature with their green caps on. Do not store the separators in direct sunlight or near sources of heat.
No. The recommended mixing method for the lithium heparin whole blood separator is to swirl the separator 5 times.
If you choose to invert the separator and some blood becomes trapped in and/or around the cap, tap the separator gently on the counter to help release the blood from the cap. The sample volume that is trapped in the cap is not sufficient enough to cause issues with analyzing the sample and obtaining results.
It is recommended that samples be run within 30 minutes of collection. If the sample is not being run immediately, cap the separator to prevent sample evaporation.
No. Sample should not be stored in the lithium heparin whole blood separator after it has been run on the Catalyst Dx analyzer as it could alter the concentrations of certain chemistries. Remove the plasma with a transfer pipette, place it in a capped tube and store it in the refrigerator.
The IDEXX Test Promise
If an IDEXX test does not perform as promised, simply call us and we will credit your IDEXX Points account with 100% of the test’s value in points.
If you have questions about the IDEXX Test Promise, please call us at 1300 44 33 99.